Re: [orca-list] Orca install

I use GRML on my desktop machine, and I'm quite satisfied.
However there are some Notes: It is rather difficault to build Gnome and
Orca on GRML, because you need a lot of packages, among them some
experimental stuff.
I tried it about a year ago with no success, so I switched to Ubuntu; I
would have prefered using Gnome and Orca on GRML.
The speakup module is working, but if you have to use a language
different from English, there are some limits: According to the manual
of speechd-up, it doesn't speak correctly in a non-english environment,
and that's exactly true. In my case German umlauts are not recognized,
although Espeak and SD can handle it; it works in other environments,
such as Emacs with Speechd-el.
I also prefer working on a text console, but it's not always possible,
especially on advanced websites and if you need a wordprocessor.
If this gap could be closed, a console would be sufficent.
Hermann