Re: [orca-list] need help with orca dependencies, can't build-dep without internet.

Hi,
On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 05:30:02PM +0530, krishnakant Mane wrote:
I am aware that to build orca from source under ubuntu, the following
command is needed to set the build environment right.
sudo apt-get build-dep gnome-orca.
however this only works when there is internet connection with good bandwidth.

[...]
if there is any other solution then please let me know.
actually the advantage of the latter approach of keeping all the
packages.deb in a single folder is that one need not worry of apt-get
install.
When you have internet connection do
apt-get source gnome-orca
to download thwe source files.
Then open
gnome-orca_something.dsc and look for the build-depends line. There
you'll find all packaes orca depends on.

An other possibility is to do
sudo apt-get --dry-run build-dep gnome-orca >requiredpackages.txt
This will output a list of packages that would need to be installed into
requiredpackages.txt. This method has the advantage, that dependencies
of the build-dependencies are included - and probably even in the
correct order.

I'm sure, there's also a so a solution to your CD-Rom problem - you
could for instance manually edit /etc/apt/sources.list and comment out
all network package sources - but I can't give you details for that.

Hope, that helps.
Rudolf