Re: [orca-list] Potential conflict between Orca and emacspeak with hardware synth

As a test, you might try putting the following lines in your ~/.orca/user-settings.py file:

# Settings that apply to the particular speech engine to
# use as well details on the default voices to use.
#
orca.settings.speechFactoryModules    = ["gnomespeechfactory"]

This erases Orca's knowledge of the emacspeak and speechdipatcher modules. If this stops the probing, then we can be almost sure its one of "espeechfactory" and/or "speechdispatcherfactory". You can add those strings to the speechFactoryModules above, separated by commas to test more. For example:

orca.settings.speechFactoryModules = ["gnomespeechfactory", "espeechfactory"]

I'd be interested in what happens,

Will

David E. Price wrote:
Hi,

I also get the same behavior as Mike. My DecTalk Express receives a reset string for it, followed by a reset string for the DecTalk MultiVoice. When this occurs, I have gnome-speech as the speech server and eSpeak as the synthesizer. Emacspeak is not running at the time. So, could it be that, since the emacspeak speech server is one of my available speech servers, although not currently in use, that Orca is in some way having the emacspeak server test its available resources when the Orca Preferences dialog is launched? Could this also be happening when moving from a non-AT-SPI application back to those where Orca is functional? Just thoughts...

dave

----- Original Message ----- From: "Willie Walker" <William Walker Sun COM>