Re: [orca-list] Problem with brltty

Hello,
If the problem is what I had once before when I used ubuntu, it is that
brltty gets started twice, once when the display is detected, and once
when the start-up scripts starts it.

I think I solved it (I am going from memory as it was some time ago I
used ubuntu (and that was feisty)) I removed the brltty udev rule
(probably removing it from the start-up scripts would work as well).

To explain the two above ways brltty is started:
udev is a system which detects new hardware and performs a task
accordingly, so can start brltty when a braille display is plugged in
(but this requires the connection to allow automatic detection of
devices, serial ports don't, I think, so if a braille display is
connected by serial brltty won't be started this way).
The start-up scripts will always start brltty (regardless of connection
type) when the system starts.

Hope this helps you with working something out.

From
Michael Whapples