Re: [orca-list] orca braille display keys

On Sat, 2007-12-01 at 11:43 +0000, Chris Norman wrote:
On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 11:18 +0000, Michael Whapples wrote:

I probably would agree that flat review is fine for braille in most
cases, but in firefox (and possibly other apps) the page doesn't seem to
be possible to get at using flat review (even using flat review with
speech). This may need to be changed for certain apps to allow
convenient reading of documents from a braille display (so I can just
sit back and put my hands on the display and keep them there to read the
whole document).

Alternatively, not knowing whether brltty supports these keys on the
alva or if other displays even have enough keys suitable for this, you
could have two sets of braille navigation keys (on the alva I might
suggest the scroll keys at the front would navigate the control, as I
want for document reading, and then a satellite pad might be used for
flat review (that way as I feel flat review is normally not being used
for long document reading but just hunting something out on the screen,
so document reading should be more convenient)).

Anyone got thoughts on this topic, or any solutions for me?

Why could there not be a key command (on the keyboard) which would
switch from the display being in flat review, to possibly (I am using a
voyager Tieman thing) having the inner keys working directly as arrow
keys?
Yes that would be a good option as well.

It would also be nice if the cursor keys could act as mouse clicks, 1
click 2 click (for a double click), and 3 clicks for a right mouse
button?
For me as a alva user this seems a bit much, the alva has double cursor routing keys (two rows of them) and
in windows using window-eyes one row behaves as right click and the other as left click. This is the thing,
different displays have different buttons, I think there is one with triple cursor routing keys, so could
even have one row as double click, so should orca have different braille key maps for different displays to
get the most from them all or have one compromise.

From
Michael Whapples
What do people think of that?

ORCA+t could be used to TOGGLE the state of the braille display.

HTH.

From
Michael Whapples