[orca-list] Which sound output in GNOME for software mixing to work?

Evening list,

I have a single-channel sound card on my laptop running Ubuntu Feisty on which I am trying to enable software audio mixing. I followed the instructions found on the orca FAQ and configured my GNOME-Speech servers as instructed. My question now, is, which sound outputs should I set in the GNOME sounds manager? ESD is enabled, and I set all the outputs to ESD-Sync. However, this doesn't seem to do the trick. I'd appreciate some guidance here, since my searches online haven't provided the needed info.

- All my best,
- Steve