Re: [orca-list] installed portaudio19 now how to get orca work with it?

Hi,
1.  Ubuntu can work with Orca  out of the box.
2.  Portaudio is used by Espeak, so you use espeak, not portaudio.
You have the option of v18 or v19 where v19 has alsa support.
3.  In order to test you should have an espeak built against portaudio 19.
I think Luke Yellowitch said he did that for Gutsy, so you might be able
to get a package.
The other option would be to recompile Espeak.
If you do that with your installed portaudio 19, and you make sure that
you do not end up with the original espeak being run due to execution
path issues, that would give you a working setup through portaudio 19
without you having to change any of the other components.
Please also see the link provided by one of the other list members
regarding Ubuntu and orca.
HTH, Willem