Re: [orca-list] Speech-dispatcher 0.6.4 beta1 and gutsy.

Luke Yelavich wrote:
With the recent announcement of speech-dispatcher 0.6.4 beta1, and the great enhancements it has brought
with it, I am wondering whether it is worth getting
this into Gutsy. The biggest enhancement I am thinking is the eSpeak driver, but there are also other nice
bug fixes and enhancements that have been made as
well.
I could backport the eSpeak driver, however much has changed between
the version that is now in Debian and Ubuntu, but at the same time, I
don't want to introduce any instability to what is otherwise a great
package.

Hi Luke, sorry for a late reply.  For the Speech Dispatcher team, I can
say that we are nearly to release SD and we are not aware of any major
problems that might be introduced by the beta version.  I would even
recommend using the latest CVS version, since it includes several fixes
in the ibmtts output module.

Best regards, Tomas