[orca-list] WXGTK (was Re: orca and smmx)

On Aug 9, 2007, at 12:54 PM, Kenny Hitt wrote:

It's likely the program is using wxgtk. It is a widget set with controls that look
like MS Windows.  Any app that uses wxgtk isn't accessible.

Really? Can anyone else confirm this?

I'm writing an application that uses WXRuby (which, in turn, uses WXGTK.) Thus far, I've found it to be highly accessible. But am I likely to run into any accessibility issues further down? My understanding of WX is that it doesn't look like windows, but rather looks native to whatever platform you're on. On my mac, it uses Carbon and is only semi-accessible because Carbon isn't fully accessible.

BTW, I think the app in question is XMMS, and when last I checked it used GTK 1.2.