Re: [orca-list] Initial ORCA Question

Hi.

Where did you get your instructions?  There isn't an orca.conf.
Orca settings are stored in files in your ~/.orca directory.

The first thing is to upgrade to Ubuntu 7.4.  The Gnome and Orca in 6.2 is over a year old.

The error you are getting refers to the X display, not the Braille display.
You probably typed the orca command in a text console instead of in a gnome-terminal.

          Kenny