[orca-list] help to install ubuntu with orca

Hello,
I am Marlon from Brasil. I am just trying orca now for the first time
and I am kinda totally lost. I have tryed the ubuntu live cd, and I
were able to use the text editor in the gnome accessories menu. Other
than this I am unable to, for example, run the networking tools to
change my ip address and use the openOffice to read a rtf document,
for example. But these issues and questions are not as important at
the moment.
I have two questions I need help with...
First:
I tryed to install the ubuntu following the orca wiki, but I havent
had success with this. I am running a 2 gb of hard disk, 384 mb of ram
virtual machine with cd room drive and sound card working ok. I tried
to follow the instructions this way:
1- boot ubuntu from the cd: ok
2- alt+f2, and then type "orca": ok
3- Follow the orca dialogs, to choose voice, keyboard layout and etc: ok
4- Type ctrl+alt+backspace and wait for the starting music: ok
5- Type alt+f2, and then "orca" : ok
6- Type alt+f2, then "gnome-terminal": ok
7- Type "sudo su": ok
8- Press ins+q to quit orca, tab to yes and press space bar: ok
9- type "orca --no-setup --disable main-window&": ... failed? Orca
doesnt speak nothing
10- Trying to type ubiquity doesnt work, nothing is spoken and I dont
know what to do next.
Am I missing something? And for another quick question, when I have
more than two windows opened what would be the equivalent to alt+tab
in windows?

second:
Can orca act as a console screen reader? Because most part of my work
in linux is programming and atm I have to use ssh and a windows screen
reader, but it would be nice if I can have a screen reader to tead the
console only, without any graphical interface, that could use eSpeak
to give output.

if some of you could help I would be gratefull.
Thanks
Marlon