Re: [orca-list] Perhaps broken table navigation on some websites?

Hi Hermann.

I noticed your accomplishment of table navigation and, as you might
suspect, tried it at once.

I knew I could count on you to be right on top of it.  :-)

It turns out to be fine in general, but one site does not respond as it
should:
http://www.sueddeutsche.de/

I am aware of the problem you are referring to, and I am hoping that a
fix to a known Firefox bug will resolve it.  What we have been seeing on
occasion, and which Aaron Leventhal and Ginn Chen are actively working
on, is that the document frame claims to have 0 children.  It's a bit
like playing the game "go fish" with a cheater. <grin>  We say, "got any
tables?" (or headings or large objects or whatever) and the document
frame shakes its head and says "nope, go fish."

When I've seen this problem, I've been able to make it go away by
pressing Control F5 to load a fresh copy of the page.  Also, once the
problem has gone away it seems to stay away until you reboot or log out
and in again.

Hope this helps.  And thank you as always for your testing and feedback.
Joanie