[orca-list] OT: No network after Feisty update

Hi,
last Friday I updated my Edgy to Feisty by using the apt commands:
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
Everything went right except some minor issues, but the main problem I'm facing now is, that I have no network anymore. I use a router for connecting to the internet and to my local network (AVM Fritzbox).
It is connected via USB, and the device is recognized when i enter
lsusb.
When I enter
ifconfig
I get the IP the router has set for this machine.
However I cannot reach the router nore any addressby
ping <hostname>
or
host <hostname>
I've set up my network with the parameter "automatic dhcp". But changing to static IP and configure it manually doesn't show any result.
What's wrong with Feisty? Did anyone here experience similar problems?
I created an image of Edgy, so I can switch back easily, but I've got the impression that Feisty is better in responding to commands; the Gnome GUI seems to react less sluggish than Edgy. This is important since I use the system on a 1 Ghz machine with only 240 MB RAM.
Any tips and hints would be appriciated.
Regards
Hermann