Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 09:36:20 +0200
From: Halim Sahin <halim sahin t-online de>
Subject: [orca-list] dirty hack for aoss and orca
To: orca-list gnome org

Hello,
Aoss does not work with orca if you start gnome before launching it.

So I am able to do the following:
1. Logout from gnome.
2. login to a textconsole as root.
3. type /etc/init.d/gdm stop
4. Switch to another textconsole and login as your gnome-user
5. type as user: aoss orca -t
6. do not change somthing in the orca-setup!!!!
7. Switch back to your root-console and type /etc/init.d/gdm start
8. login to gnome
9. press alt+f2 and type aoss orca

Now the viavoice-synthesis-driver uses aoss.

Please install libesd-alsa if the above steps
don't work.

HTH.
Halim