Re: [orca-list] boot time

for those who are running feisty on their machines, what is the average boot
time for it? on my machine the ubuntu logo takes just about the same time
xp's logo takes. but then the portion that follows, and I have no idea what
it is, takes so long. so the whole boot process is as twice as windows
normally takes to load. is this normal?

my machine is: 3ghz CPU, 1gb ram.

Take a look in your /var/syslog to see if something is failing to
initialize.  Perhaps a wireless network adapter or something.  My 1.7GHZ
laptop with 1GB of ram takes about 20 seconds to boot.
Mike