[orca-list] sound on feisty

hi willie and all listers,

willie, I heard you say you had a feisty machine. could you confirm if feisty stops speaking if you happen to play an audio file?

second, how much does it take feisty to boot, mine takes as twice as windows xp does.

let me explain: I can see that the logo goes out quickly, but then it takes so long until the login screen appears. is this normal?

I have 3gb processor, 1 gb ram, intel d945board, and builtin realtek high deffinition audio chipset, and the intel extreme graphics builtin VGA.

thanks alot.
Mohammed al-shar'