Re: [orca-list] Orca revision 2289 bug?

Hi Igor:

This is strange.  I cannot seem to reproduce it on my Feisty system
updated as of yesterday.  When you lose speech, do you know if Orca is
still running or not?

Will

On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 18:56 -0400, Igor Gueths wrote:
Hi all. I've since completed Jhbuilding Gnome, and it seems to run fairly well. However, I've discovered a
reproducable instance of speech loss. If I am in an X console, press CTRL+Alt+F-1 to
return to a shell, press enter, and switch back to TTY13 (my X display), I lose all speech. However, if I
do the same thing without hitting enter, everything works as it should. It doesn't
seem to matter if I have a command line typed out or not; all I need to do is hit that enter key, and I can
pretty well bet that speech will be gone when I go back to the X display. I'm not
sure if this effects Gnome-2.18/2.18.1 (stable), since I don't have one of those versions around with which
to test right now. Any ideas as to what might cause this strangeness? Thanks.
- Igor