To: "Mohammed Al-shar'" <mohammed atexplorer com>
Cc: <Orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 2:35 PM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] svn errors

Hi Mohammed:

The syntax of the error (e.g., it has \ instead of / characters in it) suggests to me that you might be using a file system format intended for Windows, which has restrictions on file and path names. What kind of file system are you using? To help with this, type the following commands;

df -k .
mount

Thanks!

Will

Mohammed Al-shar' wrote:
hi.
finally I decided to check out the source using one of the windows svn clients and then copy that to my ubuntu installation so that I have control over what happens. I tried 2 clients and here's what I got: svn: Can't check path 'trunk\test\2007-01-21_12:49:59': The filename, directory
name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
 note that it downloaded 136 kb, tells you it is working fine.
 anybody can offer suggestions?
or, better yet, if somebody can check the sources out and provide me with a compressed file I could use it would be cool! I don't want to download under linux so far, because I have no way to tell what is going on.
 thank you
Mohammed al-shar'