[orca-list] gnome terminal doesn't speak any more!

I installed feisty a couple weeks ago and orca worked correctly. For the last few days I have been using speakup with espeak. Yesterday I tried using Orca 2.18 in gnome terminal and found nothing would speak. I can issue commands and hear the title when I alt-tab. Flat review keys don't say anything. Also in other apps control key no longer stops speech. Using Orca 2.18 with latest dist-upgrade. Any ideas?