[orca-list] contracted braille

Hi all,
Could you all sumarize for me what your problems have been so far so that I don't have to re-invent the wheel
or bang my
head against the same walls? <grin>  My idea basically is to allow the user to access the preferences menu on
the
braille display, and toggle contracted braille, cursor style/presentation from there instead of trying to
make orca do
it.  It makes sense to me to let brltty do all the grunt work so that orca can fulfill its goal of blending
seemlessly
with other assistive technologies.  As of now, pressing the key combination for the preferences menu lets me
have that
menu for a few seconds, then I am returned to whatever the current app happens to be.  I would like to have
orca simply
do nothing when it sees the brlprefmenu command.  Have you all tried this?
Cheers,
Josh