Re: Orca possible problem with latest edgy updates

Hi Joanie,

Looks like it is indeed a rather unfortunate night in terms of the whole update process. Keep your chin up though, as you seem to be doing better than me-- at least your desktop comes up in the first place, grin.

I'm thinking that at least on my machine, some sort of Python related dependency may be broken.

My initial update failed with errors, and now, whenever I try to update again, even after doing a -f install, I get this:
Setting up gnome-app-install (0.2.11) ...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/sbin/update-app-install", line 16, in ?
from AppInstall.Menu import *
File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/AppInstall/Menu.py", line 5, in ?
import gtk
File "/var/lib/python-support/python2.4/gtk-2.0/gtk/__init__.py", line 48, in
?
from gtk import _gtk
ImportError: PyGObject version too old, 2.11.1 is required, found 2.12.0.

I have no idea exactly what's going on, but I guess I've managed to break enough stuff for one night, so I'm off to bed. You really gotta love Linux though. This is one of the very few instances in life in which I'll be able to go to sleep, and half way legitimately expect that my problem will really be gone by the time morning comes around.

--Al

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joanmarie Diggs" <j-diggs comcast net>