Re: Orca Quiting orca

Chris Jones wrote:
What way is orca supposed to be made to quit apart from ctrl+c?

Typing Insert-q when focus is in an accessible application will quit Orca

You can also run Also "kill -TERM <orca pid>" will work, where
"<orca pid>" is the process id of the initial Orca shell script.

"kill -HUP <orca pid>" will restart Orca.

With the brand spanking new release of Orca v1.0 (released by Will yesterday),
you will also just be able to do:

 orca --quit

 or

 orca -q

from the command line.

On Gnome orca is started in the a11y preferences dialog.  It is then
run without a terminal next log in.  I need to have a button which
when clicked always brings up the orca preferences dialog.  I believe
the only way to do this is to kill orca and start it again --setup.
Typing Insert-Space when focus is in an accessible application, will bring up
the Orca Preferences GUI.