Orca Introductions

Title: Message
Hello to All,

Please allow me to briefly introduce myself. My name is Joe Lazzaro, and I'm new to this list. I've been driving Orca for about one month now, and am very interested and encouraged by its development. Once we have a functional screen reader, and I believe we are well on the way towards that goal, the blind community can then begin to play an active role in the GNOME platform. I myself am a long time screen reader user, and have used them on DOS, Windows, Mac, and UNIX platforms over the years. My day job is to manage the newly constructed Assistive Technology Lab for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Information Technology Division. The Lab has begun to host user group meetings on various assistive technologies, and we were privileged to have Willie Walker at our first meeting, where he did a demonstration of Orca to a very interested audience. I look forward to learning from my fellow members of this list.