Re: Orca has trouble finding dialogs

On Wed, 2006-10-18 at 13:18 -0400, Willie Walker wrote:

The programs where this is most frequent and where this behaviour is
reprodusable, at least on my system are:
BitTornado, latest version, where i can't reach the "save as" dialog.

I have no clue what this app is or how to run it.  :-(

That's a bit torrent client. It has a CLI and a GUI front end available
in two separate ubuntu packages, bittornado and bittornado-gtk, i think
it was called.

OpenOffice.org agenda wizard, there must be a dialog present because
there pops up a read-only template and there appears to be form fields
which you can fill in, and those must be in a dialog that Orca can't
reach.

I'd like to check this out.  How do you bring up the agenda wizard?

1. make sure you have the Java runtime and the java access bridge
installed.
2. Go to File|Wizards and from there choose "agenda..." There should pop
up a dialog box where you can change settings for things as participants
in a meeting and so on and so forth, but Orca can't see that dialog,
only the template of the agenda. It doesn't matter if you minimize
windows that could be in the way. Orca doesn't reach that dialog anyway.

Mozilla quality feedback agent.
Are these known problems that you work on or is it bug filing time
again?

Bug buddy dialogs like this have posed a problem for us in the past, but
we've worked around them with scripts specific to the app.  We might
need to do something for Mozilla.

Ok.

BTW, bugs (one problem per report and use meaningful subject, please)
are always good.  We'll close 'em if they aren't for real, and we can
provide information as we make progress on them.

Yes, but i didn't want to abuse the bug filing system if i had only made
a stupid mistake on my end, would be kinda unnecessary, don'tcha
think?:-)

Thanks,
--
/Krister