Orca on Edgy -- update
- From: Henrik Nilsen Omma <henrik ubuntu com>
- To: Orca screen reader developers <orca-list gnome org>
- Subject: Orca on Edgy -- update
- Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 10:46:59 +0200
After some bug fixing in our boot system we now finally have Orca
starting on the Live CD the way we intended. CDs found here:
and any Edgy release after RC should work this way.
New instructions for booting:
* Start the machine with the Edgy CD in the drive
* Wait for about 5-10 seconds (waiting too long --30 sec-- will cause
the boot to continue without accessibility features)
* You are now at the boot options menu
* Press F5 for the the accessibility menu, 3 for screen reader and Enter
* Press Enter again to boot the CD
* Wait 2-3 minutes as the CD boots
* You should now be greeted with 'Welcome to Orca'
The Orca+installer issue should also be sorted out today. We still have
some trouble getting the magnifier to autostart though.
] [Thread Prev