Orca ubuntu live cd, hidden features

Read Message
From:
Daniel Crone
To:
speakup braille uwo ca
Subject:
Ubuntu cd, hidden features
Hello everyone. I have never used gnome before. At first, I thought that all there was with the live cd of Ubuntu was the install icon and the sample folder. After using alt f2 I discovered some menus. I thought, if the run dialog is there, what else might I find? There is a list of different applications that I am trying. Wow! I did not know they were there. After I tried alt f1, I really hit the jackpot. There I found system preferences, accessories, and many other menus. One is assistive preferences. One may set the screen-reader to start at log-in. But I would bet that would work, only after the system is installed on to a hard drive. I am just experimenting with the live cd for now. I am happy to have gotten this far. How may I get in to an application's menu, for example, when in open office, how would I get to it's menu, file, edit, etc?

--
Email services by FreedomBox. Surf the Net at the sound of your voice. www.freedombox.info