Re: Orca edgy not installing

Methinks not all live CDs are created equal.  The live CD I grabbed a
week or two ago from ubuntu.com/download works just fine.  However,
given these reports, I just gave it another go using the image from the
mirror at Argonne.  That image seems to lack the accessibility options.
Pressing F5 does cause the list of options to appear, and theoretically
pressing 3 chooses Screen Reader, but no actual screen reading results
upon boot. Rather than play mirror-roulette, I burned a new copy from
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/.  It works as expected.
I've updated the Orca wiki to reflect the above.

Of course, http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/ will eventually
be pointing to Feisty builds. And the official release directories
(http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/edgy/release/ and
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/6.10/release/) seem to only have live
DVDs.... Is there anything that can be done to ensure that what's being
mirrored will enable one to perform an accessible install?   And what
about adding live CDs to the release directories?

Thanks!
Joanie

Terrence van Ettinger wrote:
      I had a similar problem, and installing off the alt disk was a good
solution.  The alt disk installed easily, though you might need a
sighted person to help you with the installation; I can read large print
slowly and was able to squint through the installation though it took me
a while.  But the install itself went smoothly, and I am writing this
e-mail from the system in question.

Terrence