From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org]On
Behalf Of Mike Pedersen
Sent: 01 November 2006 18:46
To: Nolan Darilek
Cc: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: Orca Speaking blank lines

Hi Nolan, thanks for your comments please see my response below.
But, anyway, I experienced a minor annoyance for which I have a
patch, but before submitting it to bugzilla I want to make sure a)
there isn't some other way/good reason for things being done this
way, and b) that I've in fact made the change in the best place for
it. :) When editing documents, I was annoyed by Orca not speaking
blank lines, because when I press a key and don't receive any
feedback I generally assume that nothing happens--I've reached the
top/bottom of the list/whatever and focus doesn't wrap, there is no
valid use for that key, etc.

This is a feature that we plan on implementing for the next release of
orca.   I had intended to make this a user preference to be changed in
the config UI.  I wonder, do users think that blank lines should be
spoken by default?  Also, should this even be a preference or do users
always want this functionality?
thanks
Mike