orca and festival loss of speech update

Hi listers,

  I had written an email before stating that when using Orca, it would
randomly quit taling. I tried then killing orca, as well as Festival and
then launching orca agian form the run box. This did not work. I only
get the welcome message, and no further details, like where the focus
is, usually it would say "Desktop frame" but I don't even get that.
Therefore I can not use any of the functions of orca. I then killed
festival and orca then tried running gnopernicus and still I get the
same results. I get the welcome message to gnopernicus but no further
feedback. This forces me to power off the machine manually. Is this a
bug in festival or Fedora core 5? Has anyone experienced this before.
Orca will bog out randomly like say, when typing a letter, using gaim,
using evolution, etc. Why is this and how can I fix it?

Cody