Re: Orca orca issue update

ok. I understand what your saying but if I cqan't use the machine to kill festival due to slowness then I will have to reboot. I'll consider install fc5 again.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Willie Walker" <William Walker Sun COM>
To: "Orca screen reader developers" <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Monday, July 10, 2006 10:37 AM
Subject: Re: Orca orca issue update

Hey Cody:

several tries to get gnopernicus speaking. FC5 semed to work great as
far as speech, but then the machine ate my CPU and I didn't have any
use of the machine, then I'd have speech bog out on me forcing a

This is usually an indication of the gnome-speech driver for festival
going bad.  When you find that the CPU is throttling, try killing any
process that looks like "festival-synthesis-driver".  This should help
resolve the issue.

Orca-list mailing list
Orca-list gnome org