Re: Orca v2.17.4 Dependencies Question

Hi Janina:

On Sat, 2006-12-23 at 13:09 -0500, Janina Sajka wrote:
I've noted that the Red Hat build of Orca-2.17-4 requires Python-2.5.
I'm wondering whether this is just Red Hat using its current development
cycle to transition to the newer Python libraries, or whether there's
actually some 2.5 dependency in Orca (or Gnome-2.17) itself?

The Orca configure.in file checks for this:

AM_PATH_PYTHON(2.4)

According to
http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Python.html,
"AM_PATH_PYTHON takes a single optional argument. This argument, if
present, is the minimum version of Python which can be used for this
package."

Hope this helps,

Will