Re: Orca Running on the Edgy Live CD -- HOWTO

Hi All:

text-setup mode when launched from a graphical environment, we made a
change to the Orca launch script for Orca V1.0 (due any day now).

If we detect that the text setup utility will be brought up when Orca is
launched via a graphical means (e.g., Alt+F2, the launch menu, etc.), we
will spawn a gnome-terminal and run Orca inside it.  This isn't the most
glamorous solution, but it does work around the serious problem that
first time users were experiencing when launching Orca from the desktop.

Note that post GNOME 2.16, we intend to work with the larger community
to devise a plan for how to better integrate and configure accessibility
and assistive technology solutions for the desktop as a whole.

Will