Re: Strange behavior with Dec Express and Orca

I'm using the Emacspeak speech server for my Dec Express, and for the
most part it works quite well with Orca. However, any time I
encounter text enclosed in brackets, for example, [root localhost~]
the string is parsed as a command code for the Dec itself, rather
than just being spoken as text.  I've tested for the same behavior in
Emacspeak, but it doesn't happen there.

Just to follow up:

I sent an e-mail to Raman, and it turns out that emacspeak substitutes
"left bracket" for "[".  We can do something similar in Orca, and it
probably should be something we incorporate with the verbalized
punctuation logic.

Will