also possible to use more modifiers.  Perhaps Insert+s for on/off and
Ctrl+Insert+s for reinitialization?

Will
On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 13:38 +0200, "Dorado MartÃnez, Francisco Javier"
wrote:
Hi to all

I think insert + q (quiet) cause insert + s now is reinitialization.
But I like insert + s (speech on/off). Does it possible to use more
modifiers? Insert + control + s for example or with shift.

Regards,

Javier

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Willie Walker [mailto:William Walker Sun COM]
Enviado el: martes, 11 de abril de 2006 13:23
Para: Orca screen reader developers
Asunto: Re: Orca would be nice to disable speech?

Orca does not restrict unfocused windows from speaking, and
relies upon the script to be a polite citizen and speak only
when needed.  So...it looks like a silence option would be
very useful.  If there were a keystroke to toggle speech on
and off, does anyone have a strong preference for what this
keystroke should be?

Will