De: Mike Pedersen [mailto:Michael Pedersen Sun COM]
Enviado el: jueves, 06 de abril de 2006 20:55
Para: 'Orca screen reader developers'
Asunto: RE: Orca rolenames too long for braille?

Hi Javier

About saving extra space on our maximum 80 character braille
display, I have noted that now the role is shown as same
speech and braille. For example "button" it's spoken and the
same is written into the braille display.
One suggest would be to abbreviate the rolenames for braille
presentation. button = btn, checkbox = chk, etc.
We are planning to add braille verbosity levels to handle this.  If the
community feels that abbreviations are generally a better idea I'm opened to
making them the default.
About display or not display extra information I would let to
the different verbosity levels would be it possible?
For example, in the planner application if verbosity level is
set to  maximum then speak the labels and not braille tehm, etc.
There are users that cannot ear the speech but can read braille.
Can you please elaborate on this one I'm not sure I understand what you mean
here.
Thanks for the feedback
Mike