Ubuntu Dapper Drake and Solaris Express installation notes for Orca on line

Hey All:

Over the weekend, I played with getting Ubuntu Dapper Drake Flight 6 and the latest Solaris Express distributions installed and working with Orca. My rough notes are on the Orca WIKI, which you can reach from the Orca web page:

  <http://www.gnome.org/projects/orca/>

The cool thing for me was that Solaris Express with Vermillion_08 (both available for community download) came with Orca and its supporting tools (BrlTTY, gnome-speech with FreeTTS) installed and working out of the box. Sun still needs to do some tidying to tie it all together, but getting Orca going on the Solaris platform was actually the simplest platform so far.

In any case, I'm hoping others in the Orca community can help here by:

1) Helping review/edit/fix the current rough notes

2) Helping contribute similar notes for other Linux distributions

3) Helping improve the overall layout and ease of navigation of the Orca web page and WIKI

Thanks and happy swimming,

Will