Re: bonobo, c++, hello world

yrc wrote:

Le vendredi 23 septembre 2005 à 11:59 +1000, Bowie Owens a écrit :
It sounds like you don't need to use Bonobo. Rather you can just use the CORBA C++ bindings directly. Take a look through the orbitcpp source. The hello world test program in the test/cpp/helloworld directory should get you started.

Ok, thank's a lot. It works and seems to be very easy to use (and there
is a lot of good examples!). even if i know that i will have questions
later ;-)
Feel free to post your questions to the mailing list.

So, only a question about bonobo: why to use bonobo ? only for embed
graphical components? what about bonobo vs bonoboui?
I never used bonobo that much. I think that it provided an extra layer of abstraction to make a few things easier for C programmers including document based application behaviour and graphical embedding. You will find people with much better knowledge of bonobo on the gnome component lists.

--
Bowie Owens

CSIRO Mathematical & Information Sciences
phone  : +61 3 9545 8055
fax    : +61 3 9545 8080
mobile : 0425 729 875
email  : Bowie Owens csiro au