Re: Help with core dump

mmacleod webmail co za wrote:

Thanks, passing "orbit-io-thread" to ORB_init seems to have resolved the crashes...
Good.

My program seems to be responding to the client very slowly though...
could orbit-io-thread be causing this or should i be looking elsewhere?
Are we talking CPU utilisation or latency? ORBit was designed to be lean and fast so I don't think it would be the problem there. For the most part orbitcpp is a thin wrapper around ORBit. Try profiling your code with gprof or some other tool. If you find too much time is taken up by orbitcpp, I can look at improving its efficiency.

--
Bowie Owens

CSIRO Mathematical & Information Sciences
phone  : +61 3 9545 8055
fax    : +61 3 9545 8080
mobile : 0425 729 875
email  : Bowie Owens csiro au