Re: Help with core dump

Malcolm MacLeod wrote:

Bowie Owens <bowie.owens <at> csiro.au> writes:

> I think problem lies in there being a method call in a different thread
> from the run loop. Because if the ping is done in the main thread there
> is no problem. I'm going to post this problem on the orbit-list and see
> if anyone there has some ideas.

Was this issue ever resolved?
I seem to be hitting similar problems (the same code works fine under mico)

As far as I could tell it turned out to be an orbit problem. I should have posted a bug in bugzilla rather than to the list because if you are seeing the same problem then it wasn't taken up. Lately Jules Colding seems to be given threading in orbit a bit of attention. So now might be a good time to try and get it resolved.

IIRC you can work around the problem by passing the following string "orbit-io-thread" to ORB_init.

--
Bowie Owens

CSIRO Mathematical & Information Sciences
phone  : +61 3 9545 8055
fax    : +61 3 9545 8080
mobile : 0425 729 875
email  : Bowie Owens csiro au