Re: Catching exceptions

Marc Siegel wrote:

I can catch the exception, but I cant figure out what the exception is. In MICO and TAO there is a method const char* _name() on the exception class. Is there similar in Orbit/OrbitCpp?

I don't think _name() is part of the standard. SystemException's have a _orbitcpp_get_repoid() which unsuprisingly returns the repoid string of the exception. I might try and move that down Exception and maybe change the name. Alternatively, you can use C++ RTTI to try and get an idea about which exception is being caught. For example:

catch (CORBA::Exception& x) {
   std::cerr << typeid(x).name() << '\n';
}

--
Bowie Owens

CSIRO Mathematical & Information Sciences
phone  : +61 3 9545 8055
fax    : +61 3 9545 8080
mobile : 0425 729 875
email  : Bowie Owens csiro au