Catching exceptions

I have a small orbitcpp client/server that work fine on the same system, but the client Aborts on an uncaught exception when calling methods on a remote server.

I can catch the exception, but I cant figure out what the exception is. In MICO and TAO there is a method const char* _name() on the exception class. Is there similar in Orbit/OrbitCpp?

Also, is there any obvious reason why a client server would not communicate across a lan (IOR ref is loading correctly though) when they work fine locally, and the same code compiled for MICO and TAO works fine across the Lan (its just a simple Ping that is throwing the exceptions)?

Marc

--
Marc Siegel
MIT Lincoln Laboratory, Group 63