Re: Memory leak on CORBA_String_dup

On 28/07/2008, at 11.29, arijit wrote:

> Hi,
>   I am using ORBit2 on server side and OpenORB on the client side.
> The ORBit2 returns a string by doing CORBA_String_sup of a const
> char *. In OpenORB, I take care of making sure the retruned value is
> null-ified (though, I believe, it cannot contribute to the server
> leaking memory!!).
>   I have confirmed that the leak is with the String being passed,
> by, increasing the size of the String being returned, and seeing the
> server leak increasing significantly!
>   Am I missing something, or am I going horribly wrong somewhere?
>   Any help is much appreciated!!

Seeing the server side method code will help.

Best regards,
   jules

Hi,
  Here is the code snippet:

static uancorba_SessionID
impl_uancorba_SessionManager_createConfigSession(impl_POA_uancorba_SessionManager *servant,
CORBA_Environment *ev)
{
        uancorba_SessionID retval;
          retval = CORBA_string_dup("TEST THIS OUT FIRST");
            return (retval);
}

In the idl, SessionID is defined, thus:
module uancorba {

  /**
   * The SessionID is a unique identifier used to represent the user's session.
   */
  typedef string SessionID;

}

I am using ORBit2 version number: 2.12.4.

Thanks a ton for all your help!!

-Arijit