Re: ORB breaks when going remote with large messages

(had the same problem here, and ORBInitialMsgLimit was the right pointer
- thank you!)

On Wed, 2008-04-02 at 13:40 +0200, Jules Colding wrote:
> Hi Yves,
>
> On 02/04/2008, at 10.32, Yves Willems wrote:
<snip>

> > The example implementation that was included with the release note
> > uses a
> > raw octet sequence type. I suppose that any type can be used with this
> > mechanism and that the programmer is responsible for flow control when
> > getting the various chuncks, both on server side as on client side.
> > Correct?
>
> Yes.
>
> The limit only impact the size of received GIOP data. This means that
> the client must tell the server not to send more than a little less
> than the GIOP receive limit. So the server must support this request
> (usually by a method parameter defined in the IDL) and the client must
> be clever enough to handle such streaming.

Given this solution, now I want (need) to calculate the largest possible
sequence size for a specific interface-method (using sequences of some
structs) to fit with "ORBInitialMsgLimit". How would one do this ?

Or is there a way to calculate the size of the subsequent GIOP message
for a given interface-method with given data (including sequence size) ?

Btw: Why is this called "initial" msg-limit ?
This name suggests some possibility to have some "current" msg-limit,
which could be modified....

Thanks!

/haubi/