Re: ORB breaks when going remote with large messages

Hi Yves,

On 02/04/2008, at 10.32, Yves Willems wrote:
Jules,
It looks that my orbit version doesn't support this.
I'm running on SuSe SLED 10 with orbit 2.12.4-17.6.
I found out that this feature is only supported from 2.14 on.

Yes, but it is easy to install ORBit2 to, say,  ~/opt.

The example implementation that was included with the release note uses a
raw octet sequence type. I suppose that any type can be used with this
mechanism and that the programmer is responsible for flow control when
getting the various chuncks, both on server side as on client side.
Correct?

Yes.

The limit only impact the size of received GIOP data. This means that the client must tell the server not to send more than a little less than the GIOP receive limit. So the server must support this request (usually by a method parameter defined in the IDL) and the client must be clever enough to handle such streaming.

PS: the ORBNetID=ipaddr init parameter has no effect on my application. Is
that also not yet supported on the 2.12 version?

No. You must use 2.14.10 or later.

HTH,
  jules