Re: ORB breaks when going remote with large messages

On 01/04/2008, at 17.27, Yves Willems wrote:
Hi all,

I have an orbit2 client-server app that transfers large objects (images) from server to client app. This works perfect when I run both server and client on the same machine. When I go remote (running the client on a different machine) some calls fail. I have the feeling that it is message size related. Eg. transferring a grey image of 129600 bytes works OK, Sending the same image in color (3x129600) doesn’t work.
Is there a maximum size that orbit can transfer remotely?
I have set the ORBInitialMsgLimit parameter to 1000000.

You can use ORBit_get_giop_recv_limit() to retrieve the maximum allowed GIOP receive limit. Anything bigger than that must be transferred in chunks. Beware that the limit is the total GIOP message size. The actual data size is somewhat smaller.

HTH,
  jules