Re: Question about ORBit Naming Service...does it have to be running on same computer as the server that binds an object to it?

On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 12:31:29PM -0400, Beach, Doug wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering of anyone knows if when you use ORBit2 Naming Service,
> whether or not it has to be running on the same computer where the
> server program that does 'CosNaming_NamingContext_rebind' is running.

Naming service can be in different computer, you just have to activate
the use of IP sockets:

http://www.gnome.org/projects/ORBit2/orbit-faq/faq/faq.html#i_cant_connect_to_my_remote_objects

We are using a naming service in a different computer for our project
(www.fisterra.org). Maybe you have already seen this but just in case,
check this information:

http://www.gnome.org/projects/ORBit2/orbit-faq/faq/faq.html#i_cant_connect_to_my_remote_objects

Another option is that you are asking for this solution:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/orbit-list/2004-November/msg00015.html

You do not have to apply that patch because it is already in the
current version of ORBit2.

I hope it helps.

Regards.

--