Question about ORBit Naming Service...does it have to be running on same computer as the server that binds an object to it?

Hello,

I was wondering of anyone knows if when you use ORBit2 Naming Service, whether or not it has to be running on the same computer where the server program that does ‘CosNaming_NamingContext_rebind’ is running.

When I run the Naming Service and the ORBit2 sample program ‘name-resolve-server’ on the same computer A, then the client program ‘name-resolve-client’ on another computer B, the client program can resolve the server exposed object using a call to ‘CosNaming_NamingContext_resolve’.

But if I run the Naming Service on computer B, and the ORBit2 sample program ‘name-resolve-server’ on computer A, and the client program ‘name-resolve-client’ back on computer B, the client program fails to resolve the server exposed object using a call to ‘CosNaming_NamingContext_resolve’.  I get the error:

“** ERROR **: failed resolving service at name-service IDL:omg.org/CosNaming/NamingContext/NotFound:1.0”

Regards,

Doug

Douglas J. Beach
Software Engineer Sr.
Lockheed Technical Operations, Owego NY
Voice:  (607)751-6016 /  E-mail:  Doug Beach lmco com
http://www.lmdtech.com/