Re: echo-client and echo-server on different physical machines, referencing echo.ref

I had similar problem before when I start learning ORBit2.
There is one issue which may solve your problem.
ORBit2 (CORBA) client use hostname to resolve server's information.
So if your server has hostname, abc.xyz.com, make sure
your client can connect to server by using 'abc.xyz.com'.
IP address is NOT enough.

Also you can use

     ior-decode-2 `cat echo.ref`

to check both hostname and port number used on server.
Do you have firewall blocking the port ?

Regards
KC