Re: Client calling servant with interface as param (attn: Jules Colding)

> One thing that you could try is to try ORBit2<==>ORBit2 for your simple
> foo-bar sample IDL.
Since my ORBit2 client is a servant also, I tried creating another ORBit2
client to communicate w/ the first.  This worked--one ORBit client can
communicate to another ORBit servant.  So it looks like the problem area
is with the TAO servant calling back to the ORBit client.  I've been using
the TAO code (both client and servant) for quite a while without any
problems--both communicate well.

Along these lines, I created a stand-alone TAO client to call the ORBit
servant directly (ie. ORBit2 servant doesn't call into TAO servant) and I
got another TRANSIENT exception in the TAO client when calling the
interface method.  The TAO client was able to resolve and narrow the
object w/out a problem.
So this seems to confirm the problem is with TAO calling into ORBit.
Are there any known issues w/ TAO calling into ORBit?  (Note that ORBit is
able to call into TAO)  Even better, are there any examples?  Not much
help from google.

Here's a matrix w/ the results:

+----------+--------------+
| Sender   |  Receiver    |
+----------+-----+--------+
|          | TAO | ORBit2 |
| TAO      |  Y  |   N    |
| ORBit2   |  Y  |   Y    |

> Because it is not needed anymore. BTW, what is being activated is not
> the POAManager but the POA.
Right, thanks.

Regards,
Nick G.