Re: Client calling servant with interface as param (attn: Jules Colding)
- From: Nick_Gianakas sybari com
- To: Nick_Gianakas sybari com
- Cc: orbit-list-bounces gnome org, ORBit2 <orbit-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Client calling servant with interface as param (attn: Jules Colding)
- Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 16:13:35 -0500
I came across this in the ORBit Beginners Documentation V1.6:
2.1.5. Does ORBit work with other ORBs?
Yes. This is one of the primary features of CORBA, and available through
the Internet Inter-ORB Protocol (IIOP). There is one pitfall: ORBit has a
proprietary security mechanism to authenticate clients. If
interoperability is desired then you might have to figure out a
work-around for this.
Can anyone elaborate on this pitfall? Does it mean non-ORBit clients
cannot communicate/call an ORBit servant?
] [Thread Prev